At Coffen Construction we work with people just like you everyday. The Coffen Construction & Golden Eagle Log Homes staff often knows what your questions are before you do, and we will coach you through the entire log home building experience.
1. Most people start out by showing us some of their rough plan ideas. These plan ideas are usually from a sketch they have drawn or from a magazine or our brochure. After we get a feeling for what you are thinking we'll be able to give you a "free, no pressure" ballpark price on that home. After you get that ballpark price you'll know if you're on the right track or not. If that house costs more than you are prepared to spend we may be able to make some suggestions to you to bring the price down. If the price is in your budget and you are prepared to pursue this we should talk some more. (If we find out you want solid gold fixtures or granite countertops we may want to bump up your ballpark price!)
2. If you will be financing your home, check with your lender. They'll tell you how much they will loan you. This only takes ten minutes and all you have to do is ask them if they will loan you the money. This is called pre-approval. We can also refer you to a national mortgage company that some of our customers have dealt with. They specialize in financing log homes. The lending institution can also give you an idea of your monthly payment.
3. After you have a plan picked out, your ballpark price, and your financing covered, the next step is the plan service. Nobody in the home-building industry short of a mind reader is going to be able to give you accurate pricing without a plan, and that includes Coffen Construction & Golden Eagle Log Homes. (That is why we have been calling it a ballpark price so far.)
4. Coffen Construction & Golden Eagle Log Homes has a really great plan service program. The plan service fee is applied toward your log home purchase. The fee is $1.00 per square foot of living space and there is no charge to draw attached garages. Golden Eagle also allows you to make 50 revisions and changes at no extra charge. The plan service includes all four exterior views as well as scaled floor plans and the foundation.
5. As your plan evolves and we learn more from you about your home, we will label your plan with important information. Such as room finishes, structural details, and final engineering requirements. This labeling is part of your plan service and added at no charge as your plan evolves. These choices do effect your price and you want an accurate price right?
6. Don't let the above choices worry you, our staff has many years of experience and can easily guide you through these choices.
7. As you are beginning to see there are a lot of questions that need to be answered before we can put together your final pricing.
8. How long does a plan service take? That really depends on the customer (some know exactly what they want and some don't.) The plan process could take as little as two weeks or up to six months.
9. After your plan is done, Coffen Construction & Golden Eagle Log Homes can usually have your log home package priced in one to two weeks.
10. If you live 1,000 miles away and you are wondering how to handle the plan service? No problem! We sell in Northern Wisconsin to people all over the country and we can mail plans back and forth until all the tweaks and changes are made. This can be done electronically as well to save time and costs.
11. After you give us the go ahead on your new home, Golden Eagle Log Homes typically needs four to eight weeks to complete the engineering and schedule your first load of materials.